Friday, June 20, 2008

PDA's

Hi Everyone,

Today is our lucky day. We have been awarded a grant which I will be using to purchase PDA's for the ER nurses. I anticipate that this move will result in a decrease in medication errors since PDA's are portable
PDA's are time savers
PDA's promote evidence-based decision- making by providing reliable, trustworthy information



Please go to the following websites for further information:

http://www.slideshare.net/Cynthia.Russell/pdas-for-nursing-students-technology-at-your-fingertips

http://eaa-knowledge.com/ojni/ni/8_3/davenport.htm

3 comments:

Patty A. said...

Read your blogspot and found it to be very interesting. To be in the room or not to be in the room during resuscitation is a very, very sensitive question. I used to work in the ER and ICU many years ago and remember that all family members from the same family perceived medical emergency's and terminal illness differently. Some understood and others did not. The answer is an individual and personal one as well as on ER admission the questions should be asked as a part of the record. The family members should be counseled and then a decision could be made and documented so the staff caring for the patient during the code would know what to do. Very good topic and questions posed for true thought. Some things are not meant to be seen because they provide life long memories that one may not want to be the final ones. Great thought!

boombie said...

Loris
I like your page set up. I was looking at your blog on the PDA's. What seems to be a common thread on most of our blogs is that students are using them. I knowit is the way of the future, but using ahadheld device when you are in traing sems like you are cheating. I compare it to using a calculator in a math test, or using your drug hand book during a med exam. Don't you think that students should not be able to use them during clinicals so they can be safely tested prior to working with a patient? That is how we all were trained. Sometings should not be changed, the old ways are the best for testing knowledge and skill

lizbeth said...

Your post on PDAs was enlightening. How wonderful that the international medical world values and utilizes PDAs! US nursing students do, too. Now, nurse educators need to use them and promote their use in nursing wherever possible. They open the nursing world to current and important information which is literally at our fingertips.